"I believe I saw a giraffe"

What I write here is read "I believe I saw (a) giraffe". This is to imitate an ancient Egyptian language "Hieroglyphics" (3200 BC - AD 400), which pictures were used to represent sounds. Communication is a basic need for human being. Now, it's time for the 21th Century communication, it's time for Social Networking! - Thinnakorn

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Classroom in Social Networking





My project for the 3rd assignment is about “Facebook Classroom” which my teammates and I try to make use of this most popular social networking tool for education. How do you think about social networking in education? It’s not trying to force learners to use social networking for their learning but instead it’s a social networking that enhances them to acquire more knowledge and learning materials. From the video in the previous post you can see clearly how social networking and education can be related. Social networking has become a tool for education right now. It could be like an extended classroom discussion. Now for special needs it could have benefits like allowing them to express their knowledge and feelings without feeling that they are different or could not contribute like a regular setting classroom.

In this course, Blackboard is a social networking tool for the online course. It is designed to be easy to use for students and teachers. It doesn’t need special skill to access to Blackboard and use it. This is one of the important basic elements for social networking; it should be easy to use.


9 comments:

  1. Thinnakorn,
    I agree with you that one of the important basic elements for social networking should be easy to use. Social Networking is now so deeply embedded in the lifestyles of teens so it is really good to use it as a lerning tool for education. We can see many students use social networking such as facebook to talk specifically about schoolwork. I like social networking and try to use it more in my class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamas, Thank you for your contribution to my post! As you mention, many students are using facebook right now to discuss their school works. One of the great advantages of this social networking tool is: an account can be acquired without cost!... It's free, full of fun and knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought alot about in class use of social networks, they always seemed more viable as a out of class support system. this a very interesting way to look them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be great if something like Facebook could be used for education. Almost everyone I know is on Facebook. All my classmates and teammates are always on it. If they can use it for educational purposes, maybe they wont get so much trouble in study hall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Thinnakorn:

    I think Social networking in the classroom is the wave of the future because it has the potential to keep a student interested and engaged in a potential educational topic via networking it with their online friends and asssociates.
    ~Aja

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~Aja, to make students engaged and interested in a lesson is very important and social networking can help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bart, most of my friends are on facebook right now and they are very active in using it! That's why I think of using FB as a classroom for discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is true that Social Networking is more important to student in their life


    Social networking usage in classrooms grows
    http://www.asuherald.com/mobile/news/social-networking-usage-in-classrooms-grows-1.2381193

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think homework could be on Social network soon

    ReplyDelete