"I believe I saw a giraffe"

What I write here is read "I believe I saw (a) giraffe". This is to imitate an ancient Egyptian language "Hieroglyphics" (3200 BC - AD 400), which pictures were used to represent sounds. Communication is a basic need for human being. Now, it's time for the 21th Century communication, it's time for Social Networking! - Thinnakorn

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Social Networking!

In this cyber generation, social networking is very popular, but it can still be very difficult to understand for someone new to social networking. The online environment has become an important and growing part of economic, cultural, civic, and social life, and the use of new Internet-based applications for collaboration and learning - including "social networking" sites - is becoming increasingly prevalent. Learning to use today's Internet, and specifically interactive web applications, effectively and safely is now an essential component of education, as these learning and social environments are promoted more and more. The development of information literacy skills requires that young people be able to safely and effectively use these important new collaborative tools.




My Space is one of the popular social networking tools.

4 comments:

  1. Safety and identity protection concerns have always made me hesitant to get too involved with social networking. I do use "delicious" social bookmarking,however, because it's easier for me to link up to what I need. I have a facebook account but I use an alias and I place lots of restrictions as to who can access it. Recently, here in the U.S. there have been issues regarding the difference between "free speech" and "libelous, defamatory speech". Students have used social networking sites to say horrible things about their teachers and classmates. I think parents really need to monitor what their children are viewing and posting on these sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social Networking is very interesting. I will follow the contents becuase it will make me understand it clearly. I think the teacher can use this information technology with teaching and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that safety concern should not be neglected when getting involve with Social Networking. However, communities are not created; they evolve. The growth of an online community takes time and effort.Relationships must be initiated based on trust, and then carefully cultivated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think lot of people and parent worry abouy abuse in social networking but it would be good to use for student

    ReplyDelete